Saturday, April 19, 2014

REVIEW







Title
Spark


Author
Jennifer Ryder


Genre
Erotic Romance/ Romantic Suspense


Publication Date
February 28, 2014




Not many people know that I, Eevie Lawson, have a problem. An addiction to romance novels. I
eat them for breakfast. I hide it the best I can, but I need them to breathe. It’s how I cope.

I’ve had a swag of book boyfriends, but now that I’m free from the responsibility of caring for
my three younger brothers, it’s time to find one in the flesh.

In real life, no girl meets their hero on page one, or even at the end of chapter one. I should
know.

My journey is real. It’s not perfect, and it sure as hell isn’t easy—but the fight for something
worthwhile never is.




I have no idea where to begin with this review! My brain is still trying to recover from the O.M.G and process exactly what I need to write here!!!

The first thought that pops into my mind is "good things come to those who wait", and boy does that statement cover Eevie completely!!!
She's far from your normal twenty year old.  She's overcome so much. A sick mum. Having to take over all of her mother's duties and looking after her 3 brothers. Losing her best friend because he's a douche, (lol its true) and being treated like a toy by an ex.  
Any other twenty year old would've been running for the hills, but not Eevie.  Her one escape is her "book boyfriends" and she longs for one of her very own.

But she's eventually moved out on her own, and finally started living. An accomplishment she's very proud of.
Its during this time that she meets Aidan Stone, her room mates boyfriend's friend.  He's a cabinet maker by profession and a motor cross rider, a sport he hopes to take up professionally and a super hottie.  



Her favourite book boyfriends come to life.  When they meet they're both in relationships, but that doesn't stop her from fantasying about him. virgin or not.
They eventually hook up, at the right time and for the right reasons, and Eevie finally gets her dream first time with her dream man.

This book has it all - everything a great book should have.
  • A wonderful story line.
  • Characters you can relate to.
  • Sexual Tension.
  • Steamy hot love scenes.
  • Laughter.
  • Tears.
  • Friendship
  • Love.
  • Drama. 
  • Life changing problems.
I can so relate to Eevie, I see bits of myself in her. Having to deal with things that I were way beyond my years.  The only place I could feel safe was with my nose in a book.  At least for that time I could forget about my problems and be someone else.  Its where my love of romance novels came from - being in a world where the only problems you faced were whether you could fall in love with before the end of the book!!!

Its a feel good story you wont be able to put down that will leave you wanting more.  Thank goodness this is the first book in a 3 book series, because i definatly want more Aidan and Eevie. And I'll be recommending it to everyone as a definate must read!!!!

This was the first book I've read of Jennifer Ryder's and if future books are judged by this, I'm hooked for life.  It was absolutely awesome!

***** out of 5 stars, for being an over-all feeling good love story. Can't wait for the next one Jennifer!










A sexy imagination, a life-long love of books and a sucker for romance, Jennifer Ryder couldn't
stifle her creativity any longer.

Writing steamy adult romance has become her new focus. Living on a rural property in New
South Wales, Australia, she enjoys the best of city and country.

Her loving husband is ever willing to provide inspiration, and her two young cherubs, and sheep
that don't see fences as barriers, keep life more than interesting.


  1. Favourite cuisine would have to be Japanese, although I’ll eat anything besides broad beans.
  2.  I was a champion ‘speller’ in primary school. Yes. I’m a nerd.
  3. I have skydived, and loved it, but now having kids I would never do it again.
  4. I married my first love, and have been together 16 years.
  5. Favourite drink? BIG toss up between coffee and vodka, but seeings I have to be coherent most of the time, coffee it is.
  6. I only ever eat cheeseburgers when I am hungover.
  7. I believe coke and cheeseburgers are the best hangover cure.
  8. I once worked as a Security Guard.
  9. I once fell asleep with my eyes open, working as a Security guard. True Story.
  10. I know how to use the jaws of life, being trained in motor vehicle accident rescue as a previous member of the State Emergency Services.
  11. I am addicted to romance novels. Without question.
  12. I have a thing for tall, dark and handsome.
  13. I have a thing for boys on bikes.
  14. I love chocolate, but my addiction can be satisfied with just a square (this drives my girlfriend’s nuts).
  15. I can ride a dirt bike (seriously).
  16. I failed my first driving exam BIG time, and it was enough to keep me away for two years before trying again.
  17. I never liked Barbies. Still don’t.
  18. I got married in a little white chapel on top of a hill on Hamilton Island, Australia.
  19. I do have too many book boyfriends to count.
  20. I always have to have my toenails painted, otherwise they just look wrong!


Facebook: 

Twitter:  

Author GoodReads:  

Amazon Author Page:

Pinterest



Amazon AU:

Amazon US: 

Amazon UK: 

Kobo:  






No comments:

Post a Comment