Monday, April 07, 2014

REVIEW


Dark Love




I'm not a big reader of paranormal romances but I'm slowly changing that and if Dark Love is anything to go by I'll definitly be investing more time in this genre in the future!

I can sum up Dark Love in one Statement - "WOW"!!!!!!
Its hard to believe that the author, Olivia Howe is only 19 years old!! And a self-published author to!! She definitely has a bright future ahead of her and I for one will be in line to buy her future books! 

Dark Love  grabs a hold of you by the scruff of your neck from the first page and doesn't let you go till the very end. The writing flows smoothly without faltering and the storyline is smooth and flawless. Their is drama and plenty of romance, with a few twists and turns added in to keep you guessing. The characters are real, and that everyday people can relate to.

The book centers around Nina McKay.  She's trying to cope with the loss of her father and battling with depression at the same time.  There are times that she's at war with herself and the enemy side of her has complete control.
She lives in the small town of Scarlett Hills with her mother, Ali and her sister Caroline.


But destiny awaits for both sisters!!
Nina meets Andrew Madsen and her sister meets his brother William.
2 sisters fall in love with 2 brothers who have secrets that will change their perspective on the world and of themselves!!!



This is more than a teenage love story! Although that part of it is fun!!! It makes "old people" (not really old lol) like me wish you were a kid again!!! 

The author has given voice to a subject that is at times swept under the rug. Depression and anxiety, something the author was struggling with and Dark Love was a healing ingredient to overcome this illness. For anyone that has ever suffered from Depression and anxiety will know how difficult it, how each day is long and sometimes dark and for every step forward you take, there's a few that take you backwards!

I could relate to Nina. More then that I saw myself in her and felt each and everyone of her emotions. (I've been suffering from severed depression and anxiety since last May and its been an uphill battle). I understand the panic attacks and the mood swings. I understand not belonging, and I understand the need to have a rock, someone who will be there for you in your darkest moments and bring you into the light. Change your entire world.

For Nina that rock is Andrew. He's sweet and caring but hiding a dark secret. 

I highly recommend this book if you're a lover of the paranormal genre, and even if you're not still read it just because its an awesome book!!!

***** out of 5 star 

No comments:

Post a Comment